Sunday, March 6

Goodbye Mom

       Christine Rose Pierce went to be with our Lord and her husband Robert Pierce on Thursday, March 3, 2016. She was one of 13 children reared by their mother. They have always been a very close net family. Their mother was a god fearing Primitive Baptist. She reared her children with principles of morality. I became a member of this family in 1960 when I married Christine's daughter, Shirley. I have been well accepted. Ma Pierce was like a mother to me.

       Ma Pierce loved the Lord and her church. She held to the old time gospel of Jesus Christ. She and Dad Pierce reared two children a son, Bobby, and a daughter, Shirley. They were devoted to these children, and later to their grandchildren who were children of Shirley and me. Shirley has been a most wonderful wife to me. She will miss her mother, and so will I. I once verbally gave thanks to Ma and Dad Pierce for giving to me my precious wife.

       Tomorrow, we shall lay her body to rest. In our hearts and thoughts she will always be with us. We often make jokes about mothers-in law. I rather thoughtfully and lovingly say Goodbye Mom. We shall join you soon. Also Shirley and her mother are so much alike that as long as I have Shirley, I shall not be far from Ma Pierce.

       Goodbye Mom.

No comments: